Thursday, April 24, 2014

Posted by Mrs. Koehn On 10:06 AM
Today is national "Poem in My Pocket" day!!  We thought this was a great day to start our new writing unit on poetry!  To kick off our day, I shared a poem with the class that I had written (they will all start writing their own poems next week!!) and then throughout the day we are looking for more great poems to put in our pocket so we can share them with friends!  

A Poem in My Pocket
by Mrs. Koehn

I have a poem in my pocket,
It puts a smile upon my face.
I can pull it out and read it,
Anytime and anyplace.

I have a poem in my pocket,
It stays with me all day.
It warms my heart and makes me smile,
Like sunshine on my face.

I have a poem in my pocket,
It's short and sweet and true.
But best of all, it's here to share,
With a good friend such as you!



0 comments:

Post a Comment